Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dolly Re:Mix Round 1

Recently i'm taking part in a contest organized by the Dollie Mixtures forum, the contest is called Dolly Re:Mix. There are 9 rounds in this contest and the final winner will be the one with the highest accumulated scores from all the rounds.

That's my entry photo for the first round. The theme was " Your dolls favourite thing to wear ".
Actually my photo didn't really bring out the theme well if compared with others' photos but i really love Airi in this look :P

i posted this photo in Flickr and i was very surprised to see all the comments and ' favourites ' because this photo received low points in the first round of the contest. In just a few days, this photo has got 50 over ' favourites ' !! It broke my personal record, LOL XD
i am very grateful to everyone who have commented and added this photo as a favourite. And of course, i am thankful to the 2 voters who voted for this photo in the first round... yeah, just 2 votes... pathetic i know... LOL..

Now round 2 is for public voting and this round there are more entries. The theme was " Zen - the essence of JUST your dolly ". It said that no props other than an understated outfit but i look at the entries, some photos have 'props' inside. i was just thinking if those photos with 'props' receive good points, it will be a bit unfair to all the contestants. It's not that i am being calculative or what, but, if we join a contest, we want to win right? Everyone wants to win, but it should be fair to everyone. i hope those people who votes, vote for the photos which really match the theme and obey the contest's rules. In short, i hope the photo which follows the rule wins.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand what you mean about the rules. When I submitted my picture, I got an email that requested me to re-take as I used a prop. So I took another picture but they never got it cos I replied directly to the sender, not to the email used for the contest. While I like the pose for the second picture better, it is ultimately their choice, and seeing that there were others who used props as well, they decided it was ok.

I guess when we join these contests, we have to have an "open mind". For me, it's just a chance for my doll to have more photos in her stream, even if her body is in a horrible state and both her feet crack. XD

Good luck! =)

cAmOuFLagE said...

Surprised to see you here, Sharon :P

Yeah, I understand what you mean. We have to be more open-minded to the contest but I just hope the judges are fair. Personally I think the winner of the second round used 'photoshop' quite a lot in the photo....hmm...

Anyway,good luck to you for the following rounds :)

Unknown said...

To be frank, the judging and point system confuses me. LOL. But I think everyone will try their best to stick to the themes. As the contest progresses, it is going to be more challenging. Heh heh.

Meantime, let's just have fun! n__n3